Forum Replies Created
April 6, 2018 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Here you can express your opinion about the youth strategies we propose #7393mareck1Member
In Norway we have a discussion about some problems, that you’ve showed in that posts. We use a “answering” method to recognize and make a solution to that problem. Firstly, we’ve got 5 questions.
1. How can we change the fact that young people do not trust politicians?
2. There is low political Interest among young people. How can they become more active citizens and get involved in the decision making process?
3. The majority of Young People living in the selected municipalities want to move away after school graduation. What motives can we give them to stay in their hometown?
4. How we raise awareness among young people about the youth organizations and the leisure opportunities exist in their hometown and how can we encourage them to get involved?
5. How can we change the fact that there are less job opportunities in small cities and increase youth employment?
We have divide into 4 groups, and here are the results of their discussion. (Original spelling)
1. – Change politicians
– politicians needs to establish truth
– youth need to meet politicians and talk to them
– knowledge and experience
– educate youth and use media
– Have to get good participation
2. – Many levels of youth participation.
– Show that their voice is important and needed
– Give them a chance to change something in their community.
– Work must be appreciated
– Make sure border between children and youths.
3. – JOBS!!!
– Good payment
– Good living Standards
– Get government and investors to investors to invest and create work abilities then standards will envice
– University and schools
4. – promote youth organizations in shoots
– Promotion in media
– Making the ideas real in a easy way.
5. – Entrepreneurship
– Youth need safety nett, when they establishing their business.
– Luck of the capital
– Good arangments to start business. Get the ability to get in the market.
1. & 2. To increase the interest the democratic. Political system has to be implemented in school and done in a more practical way, so the youth can be more engaged. Politicians should come to the schools and keep it informal. Meet the youths at THEIR level.
3. & 4. & 5.
Doing and lerning politics in their municipality to have influence and feel more included and make good relations to their hometown.
There is no problem that the youth move away for a while before they will go back to their hometown.
Raise awarness and encourage youth to get involved.
Meet all youth at their level. Speak their language, come to schools, pay them for their involvment.
We think it really has to start from a young age, and very locally.
You have to encourage them to make up their own opinion, and you have to give them the (here the sentence ends)
I think that if you want to stay in their hometown, they have to experience good relations from the town like: schools. If the schools are really good, then they want their future children going on that school. Other culture facilities like theaters, cinemas etc. will do the town more attractive, if the local youth council has a good reputation more and more youth will be interested.
Make the politicians more “human”
– show parts of private lives.
– invite youth to participate in the meeting.
– let the youth take over the politicians duties for one day.
– the feeling that you’ve got the influence
– common meeting with youth councils and politicians.
– Give the youth apperentes
– To compensate some taxes if you employ youth.
– conection between educational institution and business
– internship programs
That’s all, I hope it will be usefull in some way 🙂