Oh no! You are not logged in currently! Login or Register
Forums › Share Your Opinion about Youth Strategies!! › Here you can express your opinion about the youth strategies we propose
This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mareck1 2 years, 5 months ago.
Hey Everyone!!! As you know WE, from CaSYPoT project, would like youth to decide for their matters and have a strong voice in their municipalities. NOW, After the survey when we asked You(th) about different aspects of your life, we are preparing the strategies that hopefully will improve your well-being. Thus, If you live in the selected municipalities of the project, we need your help and contribution!
Here, we listed some strategies that we are considering to bring to the attention of local politicians.
What do you think about them? Do you believe that they can be useful?
PLEASE, feel free to express your opinion, here or in . You can do it in English or your mother tongue, as you prefer. After all these strategies are about YOU(TH)!
…Because Political Interest is Low… we consider the following strategies to engage youth in decision making process.
1.MORE BUDGET for Youth Citizens on local and regional levels
2.YOUTH CARD: collect points taking part in various development activities! If you attend libraries, youth clubs, youth councils (that agreed in this initiative) you can collect points that can be exchanged as a discount for various goods.
3.Face to face meetings, local groups, youth councils and workshops so as young people can learn how to write a civil proposal
4.Youth involved in Participatory Budgets (they can decide jointly with the city council about the budget and how is allocated)
5.Institutions of civil dialogue, which enable young people to participate in taking important decisions in local communities.
…There is low rate of trust towards politician… However, if youth want to cooperate with them, they must trust them.
1.Social media communication of municipal policies
2.Forum for political discussion (Similar to CaSYPoT forum)
3.Open Space where youth can meet with politicians, dietitians, psychologists, policemen etc and discuss about their problems
4.Youth Board with representatives in municipalities
5.Study visits in EU institutions
We see that majority of young people want to move away from their municipality after school so in order to tackle this we propose:
1.Temporary housing aid for youth.
2.Involvement of Municipalities to State Programmes of Social and Low Cost Housing
3.special workshops on psychological health for youth in local business spaces like shops, café, hotels with psychologists, youth, their parents and teachers
4.Joint activities such as webinars, student conferences, exchange of postcards during the holidays and artistic competitions.
5.Financial Prize for pioneering students and youth.
There are regions or municipalities where the youth struggle to find a job and we have some ideas
1.Eurodesk branch, or European Youth Information, that would inform students about the possibility of studying, working and volunteering abroad
2.support for local entrepreneurs looking for employees from Euroregion Baltic could be provided
3.an information centre for people looking for a job in Euroregion Baltic territory could be established.
4.English language exchanges and people to people learning
Organized activities are provided only in a small degree in some municipalities and we want to change it through:
1.Development of open youth spaces
2.Open sports facilities, outdoor sports equipment
3.Supporting and financing youth initiatives
4.Euroregion Baltic Youth Week
5.Interactive map with all cultural information and happenings in the city
6.Tickets that will be given to youth giving them free or discounted access in various activities such as theatre, gym, fitness club etc.
Some students think that there is lots of homework and competition culture in school and we need to do something about
1.Place teamwork achievement and collaboration culture at the equal level with individual achievement in the affected regions.
2.Re – schedule school learning methods providing for more informal or non-formal learning and more youth initiatives in shaping learning methods.
Youth are interested about entrepreneurship and we want to inform them further about the opportunities in this field.
1.Activities, non-formal training and workshops related to business management.
2.schools could provide some lessons in their curriculum that will enhance the knowledge of youth around entrepreneurship.
3.Study visits in local companies
In Norway we have a discussion about some problems, that you’ve showed in that posts. We use a “answering” method to recognize and make a solution to that problem. Firstly, we’ve got 5 questions.
1. How can we change the fact that young people do not trust politicians?
2. There is low political Interest among young people. How can they become more active citizens and get involved in the decision making process?
3. The majority of Young People living in the selected municipalities want to move away after school graduation. What motives can we give them to stay in their hometown?
4. How we raise awareness among young people about the youth organizations and the leisure opportunities exist in their hometown and how can we encourage them to get involved?
5. How can we change the fact that there are less job opportunities in small cities and increase youth employment?
We have divide into 4 groups, and here are the results of their discussion. (Original spelling)
1. – Change politicians
– politicians needs to establish truth
– youth need to meet politicians and talk to them
– knowledge and experience
– educate youth and use media
– Have to get good participation
2. – Many levels of youth participation.
– Show that their voice is important and needed
– Give them a chance to change something in their community.
– Work must be appreciated
– Make sure border between children and youths.
3. – JOBS!!!
– Good payment
– Good living Standards
– Get government and investors to investors to invest and create work abilities then standards will envice
– University and schools
4. – promote youth organizations in shoots
– Promotion in media
– Making the ideas real in a easy way.
5. – Entrepreneurship
– Youth need safety nett, when they establishing their business.
– Luck of the capital
– Good arangments to start business. Get the ability to get in the market.
1. & 2. To increase the interest the democratic. Political system has to be implemented in school and done in a more practical way, so the youth can be more engaged. Politicians should come to the schools and keep it informal. Meet the youths at THEIR level.
3. & 4. & 5.
Doing and lerning politics in their municipality to have influence and feel more included and make good relations to their hometown.
There is no problem that the youth move away for a while before they will go back to their hometown.
Raise awarness and encourage youth to get involved.
Meet all youth at their level. Speak their language, come to schools, pay them for their involvment.
We think it really has to start from a young age, and very locally.
You have to encourage them to make up their own opinion, and you have to give them the (here the sentence ends)
I think that if you want to stay in their hometown, they have to experience good relations from the town like: schools. If the schools are really good, then they want their future children going on that school. Other culture facilities like theaters, cinemas etc. will do the town more attractive, if the local youth council has a good reputation more and more youth will be interested.
Make the politicians more “human”
– show parts of private lives.
– invite youth to participate in the meeting.
– let the youth take over the politicians duties for one day.
– the feeling that you’ve got the influence
– common meeting with youth councils and politicians.
– Give the youth apperentes
– To compensate some taxes if you employ youth.
– conection between educational institution and business
– internship programs
That’s all, I hope it will be usefull in some way 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.